Skip to main content

Simple Diy Autumn Tree.

Simple DIY Autumn Tree





With just a few materials you can create this simple Autumn tree.
My inspiration for this project was my love for Fall.
I created this using materials from my local Dollar Tree store.


Materials needed


🍁 Ribbon
🍁Fall leaves (I picked up 10 bundles)
🍁Mini lights/ I used mini leaf lights
🍁Twine
🍁 1 Plunger
🍁1 pot
🍁Scissors
🍁Hot glue





 



Creating your Autumn tree

Start by wrapping your twine around your plunger stick. 
You'll want to completely cover the wooden stick. Once you're near the middle of the stick, you'll want to stop and start attaching your fall leaves.

Take each leaf bundle, and glue it to your plunger stick.
You'll want to have some that are glued closer to the top and a few that are lower. This will help fill in spots.

  Once you have all the leaves glued on, take the rest of your twine and cover the stems on your leaf bundle. Continue wrapping them, making sure to cover the stems. Using your scissors cut the remaining twine off. 

Now you can create a bow using your ribbon. You can create any style bow that you would like. This part is completely optional.





Decorating your pot

You can use any pot. I actually already had a pot.
Take your remaining ribbon, and glue it around your pot. I did this just to add a little more fall design to my pot.  


Final Touches

Using hot glue, make sure to secure your plunger inside of your pot.
If you find that your tree is not sturdy enough, add a few rocks.
I added in a few rocks, and it helped secure it.
You can glue a few leaves on top of your rocks. This will make it look as though the leaves have fallen from your tree.


I hope that you have enjoyed this simple Autumn tree creation. 
I'd love to hear what you plan on creating this Autumn season!
A new recipe, craft, or just plans for the new season.
Feel free and leave me a comment below.

❤
Stephanie




 Pin/save/share for later






Comments

  1. This is so cute! I love a good indoor 'plant'. Seems pretty easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I always want to do something with those beautiful leaves and I am never quite sure what. This looks like something even my 'uncrafty' self can attempt. I am saving this while awaiting the autumn leaves. We still have full blown summer and no sign of that changing any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella, thank you! It definitely is a super easy craft. You'll just love it, and at night I love how it look once we turn the lights on the tree. :)

      Delete
  3. Aw how lovely is this such a nice craft and a lovely activity to do at home to pass some time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea and a lovely thing to do together with the entire family. The leaves are definitely not that colourful here yet, but I'm sure they will be within a month or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, thank you! Yes, it was so much fun creating this Autumn tree with my family. It is a nice little added touch to our decorations. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. aww this is so beautiful, perfect for fall! I think even I (super uncreative!) could get this made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love it! I'm getting so excited that it is almost fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, its Autumn already? Time to get my red and orange decor out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute and you would have NO IDEA that it was that simple based on how cute the final project looks. Autumn is my favourite time of year, without question, so I can't wait to add more seasonal stuff to the house. I think this would look perfect on the side table in our living room. I guess I need to make a trip to the local dollar store to pick up supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute and very simple but I don't mind. I totally love it this way

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not ready for fall yet! But this simple craft project is a wonderful way to celebrate the arrival of fall. I can easily see this on the entry table in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay this is the cutest!! Love simply autumn decor like this! We have a small space, so these little touches make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marilyn, thank you so much! I'll be sure to visit, and share again. :) Love attending your party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 16, open until September 26!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you for having such a great party! :)

      Delete
  14. What a clever idea to use a plunger! And this is a cute decoration. Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Tuesdays with a Twist link up today. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 128. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute idea! I am missing the craft gene in my body, but I think I could even do this! Stopping in from Whimsy Home Wednesday! Hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.