Skip to main content

Cute Dollar Tree Sign Display

Are you ready to add some cuteness to your Dollar Tree sign? Come along with me as we transform a simple round sign into a stunning display using Mod Podge, tissue paper, and other materials. This project is perfect for beginners and guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

Cute Dollar Tree Sign Display



Materials needed:

- Round wooden sign
- Paintbrush
- Decorative tissue paper
- Faux greenery
- Paint
- Floral
- Wooden letters
- Craft clothespins
- Scissors
- Wood glue
- Craft knife


Cutting decorative tissue paper

Start by cutting a section of decorative tissue paper that fits over the inner area of your round wooden sign.



To begin with, place your tissue paper on a flat surface. Use a craft knife to cut around the top of your sign. Keep cutting around the edges until you have made your way around the entire sign. You will only need two sections of tissue paper. Leave the middle portion of the sign as is to maintain the natural wood look.




Applying Mod Podge 

Once the tissue paper is in place, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge on your wooden surface. To remove any creases and lines, use a blow dryer. Feel free to use any technique that works best for you. Apply a second coat of Mod Podge over the tissue paper and repeat the previous steps. Finally, remove the tissue paper.



Applying paint to sign

Apply paint to the middle section of your sign.


Adding paint to wooden letters

This is optional, I applied a thin coat of paint to my wooden letters. The color I am using is called espresso.


Attaching wooden letters to sign

To proceed, grab your wooden letters and apply wood glue to attach them to your sign.

Adding clothespins to sign

Apply some wood glue and attach the clothespins to your sign.



Adding greenery to your sign

Take your artificial greenery and attach it to your clothespins. To ensure a secure hold, apply some wood glue on the inside opening of the clothespins before attaching the greenery. Additionally, you can add a cute sticker next to your wooden letters to enhance their appearance.


Your sign is complete and I just love the way it turned out. It is simple and takes very little time to create. So if you were wondering what you create using the round sign from Dollar Tree, I hope this gives you an idea of what to create. Also, be sure to check out my other DIY round sign decoration I created on my craft blog.

Thank you for stopping by and creating with me.

Pin Share Save




Comments

  1. This is so cute! I love that tissue paper. Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade over at Life as a LEO Wife. I'd love to have you come & share on Crafty Creators Link Party as well. It has a different audience, and they would love this. It's open from Thursdays at 6am through Monday nights at 11:59. Hope to see you there!
    Niki | Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cute and I love the colors you used. Thanks so much for linking up at I Made It Monday Link Party 1. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought the colors were a great combination. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #IMadeItMondayLinkParty 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you so much. I'm always so happy to share on your link party. ☺️

      Delete
  4. I really love this and love the pretty fabric you used

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty; I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look and surprisingly simple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! The tissue paper you chose is lovely. Thanks for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #25 linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet decoration! Thank you for sharing how to make it with Hearth and Soul, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. April, thank you very much. Always happy to share. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, love using Mod Podge never tried modge Mod Podgeing fabric though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing with us, I'll be featuring your this week when the next to Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarahlynn, thank you very much! Happy to be one of the featured posts. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.