Skip to main content

DIY Holiday Decor: How to Make a Wintery Faux Foliage Bowl

Create a stunning DIY holiday decor with this step-by-step guide on making a wintery foliage bowl. Learn how to craft a beautiful centerpiece that brings the essence of winter into your home.


Hi there, I hope everything is going well for you. Today, I want to share with you a simple upcycling holiday craft idea. The three main materials you will need for this craft are a bowl, a cork, and some wintery foliage. I used a cork lid from a salt bottle that I had kept, and a pink bowl I had bought a few months ago for just 50 cents. You can easily put this project together in less than 15 minutes, and it looks absolutely beautiful once it's displayed. So, if you're ready, let's start creating!


Wintery foliage bowl display

Pink bowl, foam block, wintery faux foliage, cork, and pinecones

Here's what you'll need

  • One bowl (any size works, I am using a smaller bowl for my design)
  • Wintery faux foliage
  • Cork (I am reusing a cork from a salt bottle)
  • Hot glue
  • Floral cutters (to cut foliage to size)
  • Pinecones (optional)

Attaching the cork to the bowl

Hand holding cork on bottom of pink bowl
To begin, turn your bowl over so that the bottom is facing up. Next, apply a thin layer of hot glue to the cork and place it in the center of the bowl. The cork I am using has a flat bottom, which helps keep the bowl balanced and prevents it from tipping over.

Pink bowl attached to cork

Adding in the foam block and foliage

Hand inserting foam block into bowl

To add your foam block, apply a small amount of hot glue to the bottom and then place it in the center of the bowl. 

 

Next, take your foliage and begin inserting it into the foam block. Experiment with arranging the foliage until you achieve your desired look. If needed, trim any foliage pieces to the appropriate size. Once you are satisfied with the arrangement, you can add pinecones for an extra touch of nature in your winter foliage bowl display, although this step is optional.


Wintery foliage bowl display

You're all done! Wasn't that a simple project? I love how it turned out. My favorite aspect of this is the soft pink color of the bowl, complemented by the wintery foliage. It's a lovely combination. 
Thank you all so much for visiting. I'll see you soon.

You might also enjoy


Pin Share Save

Comments

  1. Steph! I didn't know you had a second blog! Wow! That wonderful! Saw this by way of TFT! Hope to see you link-up this blog at Tuesday Turn About, as well! This arrangement is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, aw thank you! 😊 Yes, this was my first blog. I decided to create a craft blog where I only share craft posts This one has more such as recipes, crafts, and family posts.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing with Creatively Crafty Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I'd love to invite you to share on Tell It Me Tuesday, you can find this weeks here: https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/tell-it-to-me-tuesday-24-11-28-23-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look stunning! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 140. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you. 😊 I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete
  5. This is lovely, what a sweet arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bowl loos so cute! and I love that it is easy to put together and going to look unique for everyone depending on what we have on hand. Thanks for sharing with us at the Homestead Blog Hop. I hope we see more this Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is so easy to put together. Thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
  7. This is so cute and such a good idea. I like that it's so easy to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a charming idea and easy to assemble! Thank you for sharing this with the Home Imagined Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, thank you so much. I appreciate you taking the time to visit. :)

      Delete
  9. This is so darling. I love how simple it is, too. I think greenery is such a wonderful thing to have around the house in the winter! Thank you for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #17 linkup. Hope to see you next week as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this craft.

      Delete
  10. Stephanie,
    This centerpiece is so cute and so simple. Great idea.
    Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2023/12/holiday-decorating-on-thursday-favorite.html
    Hope you stop by.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 142. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you! My comments have been going straight to the spam folder. :( Just now seeing this. Thank you so much for visiting and sharing.

      Delete
  12. Steph this is so pretty!
    Thanks bunches for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy new year! Thanks for sharing with us, I'll be featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarahlynn, Happy New Year! Thank you so much for the feature. Wishing you the best this year.

      Delete
  14. What a fun mini vacation and Birthday concert. You took me back for nostalgia Steph, I was like "I was there!" when you were talking about the 16th Street Mall (when I lived in Colorado) many years ago. Lol.
    Thanks bunches for sharing your mini vacation with Sweet Tea & Friends this month sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I'm happy that you came along on our trip, virtually. It was a very nice trip, and it was needed. Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. I appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  15. Stephanie, your wintery bowl is lovely. I am happy to share your pretty bowl at Love Your Creativity. happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Holiday Glass Candle Display- An Upcycled Craft

Learn how to create a beautiful holiday glass candle display using upcycled materials with this DIY craft project. Perfect for adding a festive touch to your home decor. Find step-by-step instructions and inspiration for this creative and sustainable holiday project. Recently, I have been feeling very festive and have been enjoying decorating, baking, and much more. I noticed that I had a few glass jars and old candle jars around my home, and I wanted to create something simple. I thought a candle display would be great and easy to create. If you have any pasta jars, old candle jars, or any glass jars, this craft is perfect for you! For this project, you will need the following materials: Frosted Glass Spray (I used Rust-Oleum) Gold wire Stretch cord (optional) Holiday greenery, berries, and any holiday decoration can be added Flameless tealights Mini ornaments (I used one for this project) You can find flameless tealights at your local Big Lots store. A pack of 10 with extra batteries...

Crafting Personalized Thanksgiving Place Cards with Air Dry Clay and Pie Stamps

Hey there! I am thrilled to introduce you to an exciting Thanksgiving craft that will add a wonderful touch to your holiday table. This project involves using air-dry clay and pie stamps to create personalized and unique place cards. Do not worry, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide throughout the entire process. Additionally, we will use paint, twine, and a brown paper bag to give our place cards a festive feel.  Materials needed Pie stamps which can be obtained from Joann's Acrylic paint  Air-dry clay A hole puncher Paintbrush Wooden beads Twine A brown paper bag (or any other material you prefer to use as a template), one pencil, and scissors. Working with air clay Begin by flattening the air-dry clay, using either your hands or a roller. Once the clay has been flattened, use the pie stamps to press your desired design into the clay. Following the stamping process, remove any excess clay around the outer edge of the stamp and use the stamp press to release your cla...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.