Skip to main content

Upcycle Your Old Craft Project into a Bunny Floral Arrangement

Transform your old wooden craft project into an adorable bunny floral arrangement through upcycling. This fun DIY project repurposes old items from a previous craft into something new and beautiful.

 Today, I'd love to share how I took my Bunny plaque, which I purchased last year from Dollar Tree, along with a wooden crate box from a previous craft, and created a new display. We're making an adorable bunny floral arrangement that is perfect for the Easter or Spring season.

Spring Bunny Floral Arrangement

Materials for bunny floral arrangement

Materials
One bunny plaque
One wooden crate box
Artificial flowers
Foam block
Decorative napkin
Ribbon
Mod Podge
Acrylic paint
Paintbrush
Hot glue

Wooden bunny plaque and paintStep 1: Applying paint 

As my wooden bunny plaque is from an older craft, I decided to leave the bunny white and added a few details, such as a cute bunny nose. I used black paint to add an eye to the bunny plaque.

Bunny and burlap ribbon

Step 2:Adding the Burlap Ribbon
 Next, take a section of burlap ribbon and wrap it around the neck of the bunny plaque. I reused my burlap ribbon from a previous craft,  there was no need to cut it. However, you may need to cut your ribbon to fit your bunny plaque. Use hot glue to attach the ribbon securely.

burlap ribbon and decorative ribbon
Step 3: Adding the Decorative Bow
After adding the burlap ribbon, take your decorative bow and tie it over the burlap ribbon. I created a smaller bow from the ribbon I purchased from Dollar Tree. 

Mod Podge and decorative napkin

Mod Podge and napkin section
Step 4: Adding Mod Podge and Napkin
Cut the section of the decorative napkin you want to use on your wooden crate. Remove the second layer of the napkin. Then, take your paintbrush and apply a layer of Mod Podge over the front side of the crate. Add your napkin over the Mod Podge.

Wooden crate and bunny plaque

Foam blocks and crate
Step 5: Attaching Wooden crate/Adding foam blocks/Artificial Flowers
Using hot glue, attach your wooden crate box to the bottom section of the wooden bunny plaque. Place foam blocks inside the crate box, then add your pre-cut artificial flowers to the foam blocks inside the crate.

Artificial flowers in wooden crate box


Bunny floral arrangement

Bunny floral arrangement

Wooden bunny with burlap ribbon and decorative bow

That completes your wooden bunny floral arrangement. I love taking an old craft project and reusing materials to create a new decoration. Thank you for visiting, and I hope this inspires you to take an old craft and give it new life.

You may also enjoy:

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin bunny floral arrangement


Comments

  1. What a fun project, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea!!! Happy Spring and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thank you so much. Happy Spring and Happy Easter! 😊 🐣 🌼 🌸

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, love this little bunny and flower arrangement. The carrot in with the flowers, makes me think Ms. Bunny is saving a snack for later! so cute!!. Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I love your comment. That was so cute! Yes, Ms. Bunny is saving those carrots for later. Thank you for visiting. 😊 🥕

      Delete
  4. What a cute project! It's perfect for the season ahead! I love all the step by step directions, too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thank you! This was such a fun project. :) I appreciate you visiting.

      Delete
  5. What a cute upcycle project. So creative to be able to transforms one project into another. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, thank you! Yes, I love being able to reuse materials from an older project. Thank you for taking the time to visit. :) Happy Easter.

      Delete
  6. This is such a lovely idea - perfect for an Easter breakfast table :)

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! What a fantastic craft, it's the perfect decoration for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie,
    This is so adorable. Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2024/03/bunnies-everywhere-on-tft.html
    Happy Easter.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, thank you! 😊 I'll be sure to visit. Thank you for including my craft in the features.

      Delete
  9. Always such brilliant upcycles, Steph! Thanks for sharing! Have a FABULOUS week! Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out so great. I love a good repurposed project. Featuring when my party opens later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thank you! I'll be sure to stop by the party later.

      Delete
  11. The stenciling is my favorite part! Featuring you at Wednesdays in the Studio!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.