Skip to main content

Elevate Your Decor: Spring Flower Wagon Transformation Craft

Transform an old fall wagon into a beautiful spring floral decoration with this DIY project. Learn how to create a spring decoration for your home. 

If you've seen my fall wagon craft before, you know how I took a Dollar Tree wooden crate and made a mini fall wagon. Today, I'm going to show you how to transform that same wagon into a beautiful spring decoration by adding flowers and a few other simple touches.




Materials

One mini wooden wagon (You can check out the Autumn wagon post for more details) I used one wooden crate and wheels from wooden trucks purchased at Dollar Tree

Artificial flowers

Acrylic paint

Paintbrush

Foam block

Wooden bird

Spring decorations (mini birdhouse, fabric butterfly, and wooden bird)

Floral cutters

Applying paint to the wagon



To start, repaint your wagon in a light pink color. I mixed white and dark pink acrylic paint and applied two coats. Alternatively, you can sand down the previous color before applying the new one. I repainted the wheels in a celery color to match the new wagon design. 

Adding paint to the bird

I painted the wooden bird in a light yellow color to add a pop of color to the wagon.

Adding the foam block

Once you've painted everything, add a section of foam block to the wagon.

Adding flowers and other decorations



Using floral cutters, cut the flowers you want to use in the design. You can reuse spring flowers from other projects to save money and resources.
Insert your flowers into the foam block. After, adding your flowers, use hot glue to add any springtime embellishments. I added in a mini birdhouse decoration, my yellow birdie, and a pink fabric butterfly my youngest daughter gave me. 

That's it for this wagon transformation. I love projects where I can reuse materials and take an old craft and give it an entirely new look. We went from fall to spring wagon in no time!

Thank you so much for visiting and creating a spring flower wagon decoration with me.

You may also enjoy

Upcycling an older craft

Spring Decor Made Simple

Super Easy Dollar Tree Spring Flower Display

Pin Share Save 




































Comments

  1. This is so cute! And very fitting for spring with those gorgeous pastel colours that you've used.
    Thanks so much for sharing with #MMBC. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne, thank you so much. I really enjoyed this project. ☺️

      Delete
  2. Steph, your spring flower wagon turned out great.
    Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial with Sweet Tea & Friends this month sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute Thanks for sharing with Create-it Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea and gorgeous execution! Perfect to welcome guests to your spring table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm happy you enjoyed this craft. :)

      Delete
  5. OMG, this is so cute. Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. I hope you stop by. https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2025/04/more-spring-flowers-on-tft.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, thank you very much. I'm happy you enjoyed this craft. :) I'll be by tomorrow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.