Skip to main content

Transform a Plastic Organizer into a Chic Artificial Succulent Hanging Garden

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Today, I want to share a simple decor idea using a Dollar Tree plastic organizer. The organizer I'm using has three compartments. 

We will be creating a hanging garden display with faux succulents. If you know me, then you know how much I love succulents. 

Honestly, I could decorate every space in my home with them. The best part is that with artificial succulents, I won't have to worry about killing them. I'll provide you with all the details on creating your own hanging garden display, and I'll include a full materials list below. Let's get started!

Faux succulent hanging garden

Materials to create Faux succulent hanging garden

Materials

  • One plastic organizer (I'm using the one with three compartments)
  • Dollar Tree wallpaper sheet
  • Wire
  • Artificial succulents
  • Hot glue
  • Pencil or pen for tracing
  • floral cutters
  • scissors
Plastic organizer, wallpaper sheet and a pen

Tracing onto the wallpaper

Begin by placing your plastic organizer on top of the wallpaper sheet. Use a pencil to trace around the organizer, but don't worry if you don't trace every section. Remember, to make extra cuts when adding the wallpaper to each compartment.

Cut-out wallpaper square

Cut-out wallpaper square

Wallpaper squares placed in organizer

Cutting and attaching wallpaper sections

Use scissors to cut out each traced section on the wallpaper sheet. Take each cut-out section and place it into the compartments. You may find that the sections are not perfect, but that's okay. Make any necessary cuts to ensure that they fit.

To add the wallpaper sections to the organizer, remove the backing from each one, exposing the sticky backing. Place each section into its compartment and press down gently.

Artificial succulents and floral cutters

Adding succulents and wire

Now it's time to add the succulents to each compartment. Before adding them, use floral cutters to make any necessary cuts. Use hot glue to attach each succulent flower. If you prefer, insert a section of foam block in each compartment and add your succulent into the foam block.

Use your floral cutters to cut a section of wire. Attach the wire to the back of the organizer using a few extra wallpaper sections, clear tape, or hot glue.

Succulents placed in plastic organizer

Adding the gold wire

gold wire with cut-out wallpaper sheet over it

Succulents displayed

Your succulent hanging garden display is complete! It's a great way to repurpose an everyday item and create a beautiful display of succulents.

Let me know if you try this project. I love hearing from all of you. Take care, and thank you for visiting!

You might also enjoy

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin succulent hanging garden





Comments

  1. wow! I want to have that for my living room!! Really cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thank you! 😊 It's super easy to make and makes a great addition to any space. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  2. This is SO clever! What a fun display. Pinning to share and save! Thank you for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #35 linkup. We hope to see you next time, too, for #36. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! It pops so well against that dark red background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I wondered why the "wallpaper" looked so familiar; I had seen it at my local Dollar Tree. Will have to look for your organizer--I just bought some clearance succulents at Hobby Lobby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I hope you make one! This was such a fun project. :)

      Delete
  5. such a unique transformation - thanks for sharing with Create-it Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would use the floral foam block so I could change the succulents out for florals for the seasons or holidays. Will make one for myself to put in my new apartment. Thanks for your post.Sharon A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting. Yes, floral foam would definitely come in handy if you want to change the floral arrangements to match the season. 😊

      Delete
  7. So simple yet so effective. The succulents look like really good ones too. Thank you for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was impressed with the faux succulent quality as well. Thanks so much for visiting. 🌱

      Delete
  8. Wow, thanks for the inspiration as I have a few of these trays from Dollar Tree already. #Alittlebitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty, featuring you at Wednesdays in the Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would it surprise you to know I have both the tray and the wallpaper in my stash?! Love this and featuring it when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, that's wonderful! Honestly, I figured you would have those items. Seems like we both have that same love for DT, haha. 💖 Thank you so much for visiting and for the feature. I appreciate it so much. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.