Creative Ways to Upcycle Sample Paint Cards into Stylish Bookmarks
Hey there, everyone! I'm thrilled that you stopped by for a visit. I want to show you a quick and easy craft that uses minimal materials. And guess what? We'll be using sample paint cards! Yes, you heard that right. We'll be using those sample paint cards you can find at your local hardware store.
I've accumulated a few of these cards from trips to Lowe's with my husband as we're always changing colors in our home. I didn't want to toss them out, so I thought, why not make some beautiful bookmarks? If you haven't checked out my metal tag bookmark creation yet, be sure to check it out! Are you ready to make some beautiful bookmarks? Let's get started!
Quick video tutorial
Creative Ways to Upcycle Sample Paint Cards into Stylish Bookmarks
Materials
- Sample paint cards
- Mod Podge (I'm using paper Mod Podge)
- Any embellishments (I'm using butterfly embellishments from Dollar Tree)
- Decorative tissue paper
- Vinyl stickers (I am using floral stickers)
- Scissors
- Hot glue
- Optional: Peel & Stick decorative wallpaper (purchased at Dollar Tree)
Hole puncher
For the first two designs, I painted the top portion of the paint card. I used white acrylic paint to create a scalloped design using a smaller paintbrush.
Next, I used my scissors to cut two sections of the decorative tissue paper.
After using a paintbrush, I applied Mod Podge to the unpainted section of the paint card. Then, I placed tissue paper over the Mod Podge and gently rubbed it over the surface. You can use any technique when applying your Mod Podge. I smoothed it out and used a heating tool before adding a top coat to the tissue paper.
The final step is to use hot glue to attach your embellishments. For example, I attached my butterfly gems over the painted sections.
Here's a simple design idea for the third bookmark. Use scissors to cut a section of the peel-and-stick paper. Once you've cut the section, remove the paper backing to expose the sticky side. Then, place it over the paint card.
I completed the bookmark by using a hole puncher to make a hole at the top. Then, I trimmed a few leaves from a faux vine using scissors and inserted the end of the vine through the hole. I secured it by tying a knot and applying a small dot of hot glue to prevent it from coming undone.
I spruce up my last two bookmarks by adding vinyl stickers and a butterfly wall decal. First, carefully cut out the desired design from the wall decal using scissors. Then, remove the backing from the decal and press it onto the bookmark. I went with floral vinyl stickers for the top and bottom sections of the bookmark. That's it - your last bookmark is finished. Pretty simple.
Thank you for visiting and creating these stylish bookmarks with me! I hope you enjoyed this DIY project. Please let me know which bookmark design is yourfavorite.
Don't forget to join us over at the Creatively Crafty Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party/ Followed and Pinned! Creatively, Beth
Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!
Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy. Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project. An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...
Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy. Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...
I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...
Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy. Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties. I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...
Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy. Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer: Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments: ...
I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.
So simple and so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAngie, thank you so much!
DeleteThose are really pretty!
ReplyDeleteJoanne, thank you.
DeleteThese look adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you 😊
DeleteI love paper crafting. These are pretty.
ReplyDeleteThank you! ♡
DeleteThese are adorable. What a great idea.
ReplyDeleteJanine, thank you so much! Happy that you enjoyed them.
DeleteSuch an adorable idea!
ReplyDeleteTina, thank you! 😊
DeleteSuch a sweet idea. They look cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you! 😊
DeleteWhat a clever idea! Looks like lots of fun too.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to join us over at the Creatively Crafty Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday
ReplyDeletehttps://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party/
Followed and Pinned!
Creatively, Beth
These are so clever and pretty, Steph! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About! I'm delighted to be featuring your post at this week's party!
ReplyDeleteJulie, thank you. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed them. Thank you for the feature! 😊
Deletevery nice - thanks for sharing with Create-it link party.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely idea, and a great upcycle, thanks for sharing with us at Handmade Monday :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. 😊
DeleteI do have an excess of paint samples so need to make a few bookmarks! Great idea.
ReplyDeleteI love that! Yes, and there are so many designs to go with.
DeleteHow perfect! Would be fun to make for book clubs, or Mother's Day that's approaching! Featuring when my party opens.
ReplyDeleteCarol, thank you. I'm so happy you enjoyed my stylish paint card bookmarks.
Delete