Skip to main content

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display!

Pumpkin with floral design displaying faux flower

Quick video tutorial

Materials for decoupage faux pumpkin display

**Materials needed:**

- Acrylic paint
- Paintbrush
- Floral napkin
- Faux pearls
- Faux flowers
- Craft knife
- Scissors
- Mod Podge


Faux orange pumpkin and craft knife

Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top.

Black acrylic paint, paintbrush, and faux pumpkin

Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black.

Napkin, scissors, and faux pumpkin

Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.

Floral napkins and painted black pumpkin
 
Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin cutouts to the pumpkin.

Paint faux pumpkin and faux flowers

After that, take your cut flowers and arrange them on top of the pumpkin. Then, add faux pearls around the flowers for an extra touch.

Pumpkin with floral design displaying faux flowers

And that’s it! Your floral decoupage faux pumpkin display is complete and makes a beautiful addition to your decor this fall season.

Floral decoupage faux pumpkin display

Pin Share Save
Pinterest pin floral decoupage faux pumpkin display

Comments

  1. That is such a pretty pumpkin!! What a fantastic idea for something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have used decoupage on the pumpkin, the colours and pattern go really well together. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combination here for those who can't absorb orange into their homes...very good directions, also. Fun craft and am Pinning and sharing. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, thank you very much. I was also happy with how it turned out. I'm happy that others are enjoying it as well. I appreciate you visiting. :)

      Delete
    2. I can't believe i've gone this far in life without trying a decoupage project. yours is really cute! i want to try this now

      Delete
    3. Michelle, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed this project. Yes, you should give it a try.

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the decoupage against the dark background, it looks really classy. Have a lovely rest of the week Stephanie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne, thank you very much. I'm glad that you enjoyed this DIY project.

      Delete
  5. I watched your video on Instagram the other day and LOVE this so much. The colors are so beautiful, and I can't believe how fancy something so "simple" turned out. I need to do this. :) Pinning! Visiting from the Sweet Tea & Friends linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, aw, thank you! Yes, I remember your sweet comment on my video. I appreciate it. You should definitely give this a try. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
    2. And thank you for sharing this post with us at the Will Blog for Comments #50 linkup, too. Have a great week! We hope to see you at #51 with more posts to share (old or new), which opens next Monday morning.

      Delete
    3. Thank you! Have a great week. 😊

      Delete
  6. So pretty, I love the drama of these darker shades together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm featuring you this week when the next to Grandma's house we go link party starts! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute and adorable! Visiting from Create - It - Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This pumpkin is so lovely! Question: do you use the Mod Podge all over the pumpkin and then place the cut outs just where you want them? Or do you have to try and put the Mod Podge in the shape of the cut out before applying the cut out? (I've never used Mod Podge, so I'm guessing you can't put it directly on the cut outs themselves) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, oh, thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed my pumpkin design. Your question is a great one. When you apply the Mod Podge first, it creates a tacky base which holds the napkin in place when it is placed on top of the pumpkin. It helps prevent wrinkles and tears in the napkin design. After I do that, I smooth out the design, and I do place a thin layer over the napkin as well after placing it onto my decoration. I also use a heating tool which gives it a nice finish. I hope that helps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.