Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Love Jar~



I had so much fun working with an empty mason jar!
I created The Love Jar. In this jar, both my husband and I add in little love notes, and some positive, inspiring messages to each other. (Once our daughter is old enough, I would love for her to participate.)
I absolutely love when I can make someone's day whether it be with a kind word or two, a hug, or even a smile...So I'm hoping as you are reading this, I've at least made you smile! :)

Here it goes...for this project you will need :
-Empty mason jar
-some yarn
-Glue gun
-Washi tape
-paint brush
-any decorative piece you would like to add to your jar
-paper
-scissors.
-chalkboard paint

You're ready to start...
Start off by applying some chalkboard paint on top of the mason jar lid, I applied about 5 coats. I allowed it to dry overnight.

 Next step, apply washi (decorative tape) around the bottom of the lid. Now the lid is all done, you're ready to start the next step.

Using your yarn wrap it around the mason jar. I applied a few strands. I also used my glue gun to apply the glue and yarn so that it would stay in place.

After going around the jar several times with the yarn, the glass should be completely covered.
After that step is done, feel free and apply one of your decorative pieces to the jar.- Flower, picture, stamp, jewels, etc. You're all done!

Okay, so the last and final step would be to use chalk and write on the lid of your jar. Cut a few strands of paper and get to writing your positive, inspiring, love notes! Love and be loved.~