Skip to main content

The Love Jar.



I had so much fun working with an empty mason jar, and I think you will too.
I created The Love Jar. In this jar, both my husband and I add little love notes and some positive, inspiring messages to each other. Once our daughter is old enough, I would love for her to participate.
I absolutely love it when I can make someone's day, whether it be with a kind word or two, a hug, or even a smile. So I'm hoping that as you are reading this, I've at least made you smile! :)


Materials needed:

Empty mason jar
yarn
glue gun
washi tape
paint brush
Any decorative piece you would like to add to your jar, 
paper
scissors.
chalkboard paint



Start off by applying some chalkboard paint on top of the mason jar lid. I applied about 5 coats. Allow it to dry overnight.

 Next, apply washi tape around the bottom of the lid. Now that the lid is all done, you're ready to start the next step.

Using your yarn, wrap it around the mason jar. I applied a few strands. I also used my glue gun to apply the glue and yarn so that it would stay in place.

After going around the jar several times with the yarn, your glass should be completely covered.
After that step is done, feel free to apply one of your decorative pieces to the jar.- Flower, picture, stamp, jewels, etc. You're all done!

Okay, so the last and final step would be to use chalk and write on the lid of your jar. Cut a few strands of paper and get to writing your positive, inspiring love notes!
 Love and be loved.~







Comments

  1. That's very sweet. The blackboard paint on the lid was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet idea...and I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I love this idea! One year for VDay I found an old cedar box at an antique store and filled it with little notes of things I love about my hubby. I like that this is a daily thing that can be added too. And super cute for the whole fam! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, thank you all for the kind comments! I appreciate you all taking the time to read and comment.Marcy I love that idea with the cedar box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea Stephanie! Thanks for becoming a Follower of my Blog. I am happy to follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Judy :) So happy to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter!
    visit and follow from Friday blog hop.
    Would be nice if you can visit and link up at my blog.
    Have a great weekend.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net/2013/03/we-need-tutor.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mason jar projects. Saw your post over @ Sew Many ways. Visit me sometime @ www.crosson5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Cathy, I'm headed over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally must do this! Thanks for the idea:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award for bloggers! Please stop by my blog at http://simplyathomemom.com/ to grab it and find out what to do next! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet idea, love it! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet idea! I have kept all of the post-it love notes that have made appearances throughout our marriage. Kindnesses like that make lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's such a lovely idea. My husband and I don't have a lot of time most days to just talk so this would be a sweet way to add in that extra bit of communication.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely idea. Especially for couples who don't have as much time as they'd like to sit and chat. Great way to sneak in that extra bit of communication!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pary and Maria, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is beautiful! I love it! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Also thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.