Skip to main content

Weekend love. Creating memories

Friday was such a wonderful day, we spent our morning at the library. They were having a block party. They had vendors, firemen, police, games for children, and live performances.

 
We also had this lovely visitor visit our flowerbed
{Hello hummingbird}
 
 
 
I absolutely love when it rains. We actually had a pretty good thunderstorm over the weekend. The rain came pouring down, and I of course enjoyed the nice breeze that came along with it.
 
 
 
My husband was anticipating the arrival of two books he recently ordered from Barnes and Noble.
This weekend they finally arrived, and he was thrilled.
 
 
He's such a great Daddy to our daughter. They have such a beautiful father-daughter bond.
 
This weekend we also picked up a telescope, and sat out and looked at a few stars once the storm passed.
We also spent a lot of time in the kitchen preparing delicious meals together. This weekend I made some stuffed peppers. These peppers had zucchini, squash, garlic, onions, sausage, parmesan cheese, tomatoes, and a few other seasonings. They turned out great. We ended up throwing them on the grill after I sautéed the vegetables. Did you make a special meal this weekend?
 
This weekend we enjoyed a nice dessert. -My husband loves coffee, he grinds his coffee beans every morning, leaving a fresh coffee aroma throughout our home. (I love it) I too enjoy a nice cup of coffee.  He decided to make some chocolate coffee truffles.  They were delicious.
 
So how was your weekend spent with your loved ones? Did you enjoy time outdoors, and if so how was the weather? I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Have a beautiful upcoming week!
 
 

Comments

  1. What a nice weekend! I love thunderstorms too and we've been getting some really good ones lately. I'm planning to make stuffed peppers on Wednesday! This weekend was relatively lazy for us but I did try a new pizza recipe that we really enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, thank you! You're always so lovely. :) I love lazy weekends. Maybe we will have one of those for this weekend coming up. Oh and I bet your pizza turned out wonderful. I love new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing weekend. I love the library and the free services it provides. It's been a great hangout for us during the summer. The last free weekend before school starts - we went out for lunch and spend time at the park chasing balloons. Today we go hiking :) Have a wonderful day! Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jayne! It looks like you all have had an amazing summer. I hope you have a lovely time on your hike. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.