Skip to main content

Sick days.




Starting last Sunday...
Our daughter came down with a cold. -Sneezing, coughing, stuffy nose, and a sore throat. -Of course, I managed to avoid getting sick all the way up until Tuesday. My body has definitely felt the impact of this cold. I've been feeling weak and I haven't had much energy. Between taking care of my daughter and caring for myself it's been a little hectic.

I've been cooking soups. I have also made sure that we all stay well hydrated. My husband has been very helpful; he actually took a sick day to care for both my daughter and me. I was able to catch up on some sleep and feel somewhat refreshed. Our daughter wants a lot of cuddles and kisses. -Of course, she can have as many as she wants! I know one day she will grow out of this stage. So for now I cherish these moments that she wants to be close to both her father and me. 


I've fallen behind on blogging. - I'm sure you all understand how it is to have sick days. I have managed to visit a few blogs. I'm hoping this cold passes through quickly. I hope you all have enjoyed your week.

Comments

  1. I hope you get better soon! I know being sick is no fun and your little one being sick is even harder and expecting while you are sick. Oh geez!!

    Totally understandable I know when I was pregnant I could hardly keep my eyes open!! It was a lot of work growing a human!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, thank you. It's been kind of rough, but I'm doing better. Today was toddler tantrum day.-It lasted for a full hour! Lol. I swear I cried, and then I thought about are many conversations. Haha, made me laugh. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I hope you feel better soon. It's never easy to be sick while caring for little ones but it's so much worse when you're pregnant and already exhausted from that. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you. I really hope this passes quickly. -I really dislike this feeling. I don't like feeling weak, and unable to do the things I need to get done. I've been resting. :) Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Oh I hope you feel better soon. My daughter has been sick for a couple days and those days are always challenging. Get rest and feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy, thank you. You're always so kind and I appreciate that. I hope your daughter starts feeling better soon. -It's just no fun being sick and feeling helpless. I guess there is something going around. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  4. Hope you all are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you and your little girl are feeling better! Being sick is no fun! :(
    If you're still not feeling well, please rest and take of yourself as much as you can!! Everything else can wait till you're up to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, aw thank you for your kind words. -I really do appreciate it. I have been resting, this is one of those times where I feel like I really need it. She's doing much better. This cold is at the end of its course. If only I could get rid of this stuffy nose-I'd be more than happy! :) Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe.

Looking for a warm and cozy breakfast to start your day during the colder months? Try this nutritious winter oatmeal recipe! It's packed with healthy ingredients and is perfect for experimenting with new toppings. Get the recipe now and enjoy a delicious and hearty breakfast. A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients: - 1 cup of almond milk (or any of your choice). You can use 1/2 cup if you prefer thicker oats. - 1/2 cup of quick oats - A small amount of vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon of wild blueberries (I used the Mariani Premium Wild Blueberries brand). - 1 tablespoon of granola (I used Clif brand granola mix with white chocolate Macadamia nut). - 1 tablespoon of dried cereal mix (I used Kashi Cinnamon Crisp). You can use any brand of your choice. Both the granola and dried cereal mix add a nice crunch to the oatmeal, while the blueberries provide a simple sweetness. Optional: - Honey - Brown sugar sprinkled - Agave syrup You can use any sw...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.