Skip to main content

Peaceful Winter Days.- 15 Activities For A Cozy Winter

Enjoy the peaceful and cozy winter days with these 15 activities that will help you embrace the season and create lasting memories. From staying in and curling up with a good book to engaging in outdoor winter sports, find inspiration for how to make the most of the winter season.

Peaceful Winter Days.- 15 Activities For A Cozy Winter
  1. Roast marshmallows - Gather around the fire pit or fireplace and roast some marshmallows for a sweet treat.

  2. Take a winter walk - Bundle up and explore the great outdoors. You’ll be rewarded with stunning views of snow-covered landscapes.

  3. Go sledding - Grab a sled and head to the nearest hill for some fun in the snow.

  4. Create a winter centerpiece - Use pinecones, holly berries, and other natural materials to create a beautiful winter centerpiece for your home.

  5. Make snowflakes - Get creative and make your own snowflakes using coffee filters, glitter, and paint.

  6. Attend a winter festival - Check out local events in your area that celebrate the season. You might find a winter festival or ice skating rink nearby.

  7. Create a winter garland - Use pinecones, holly berries, and other natural materials to create a beautiful winter garland for your home.

  8. Light some scented candles - Create a cozy atmosphere in your home by lighting some scented candles. Some great scents for winter include cinnamon, vanilla, and peppermint.

  9. Bake something yummy - Warm up your kitchen with the smell of freshly baked cookies or bread.

  10. Make gingerbread houses - Get creative in the kitchen by making gingerbread houses with assorted candy and delicious frosting.

  11. Make each space in your home feel cozy - Add some warmth to your home by adding throw pillows, blankets, and other cozy elements to each space.

  12. Read some books that are perfect for winter - Curl up with a good book that’s perfect for the season. Some great options include “The Snowy Day” by Ezra Jack Keats and “The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe” by C.S. Lewis.

  13. Enjoy a nice warm beverage - Sip on some hot cocoa or tea while you relax at home on a cold winter day.

  14. Be still and take it all in - Take some time to be still and appreciate the beauty of the season around you.

  15. Have a cozy movie night - Create a cozy space in your home with throw pillows, blankets, and some sparkly lights. Then, watch some movies with the ones you love.

I hope these ideas help you have an enjoyable winter season! 



Pin/Save/Share For Later








Comments

  1. Great activities for keeping winter not so dreary. I look forward to doing these with the kids over the holiday break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey, thank you. I hope that you all have a great time doing some of these activities.

      Delete
  2. This will put some spark in the winter blues, or cabin fever. I find it a challenge to do things when winter really sets in. Sure, we go outside and run around and play in the snow; but, these activities are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, thank you for stopping by! I sure hope these activities help put some spark in the winter blues. We could all use it! :)

      Delete
  3. I really needed a list like this. Winter is so depressing, i usually just want to go to sleep early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed this list. Winter can be depressing.

      Delete
  4. Very nice list!! My nieces wedding was last weekend and there was a hot chocolate bar, it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt, thank you! A hot chocolate bar is always so much fun. I am glad you had a great time, and congrats to your niece on her wedding. :)

      Delete
  5. I love these ideas. Winter is a beautiful time of year, but it gets so dull sometimes. It's fun to spice things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacie, thank you. I agree winter is a beautiful time of the year. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  6. We can't really sled or make snowmen during the winter here in Arizona, so I'm glad you have ideas here that don't revolve around snow. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen, Oh how I miss Arizona. That was my home before I moved. We actually get winters over where I live now. Thank you for stopping by, and yes I figured I'd add in some activities that aren't just for those who get snow. :)

      Delete
  7. These Winter activities sound great. In Florida, our Winter activities are much like the rest of the year. I'd love some snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you some snow! I'm from Arizona, so now that I am at a place that it gets cold, and has snowy winters...it took some time for me to realize what winter actually is, ha ha. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Going for a winter hike has caught my eye and imagination! I have never stepped ice myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice is very slippery, ha ha. You are definitely not missing out not stepping on ice. :)

      Delete
  9. Being in the moment is huge. That's what really helps people make lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! These moments in our lives are forever in our hearts. :)

      Delete
  10. It's been a challenging holiday season for my family for so many reasons, this list is a nice reminder to flow into the joys of the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that it has been challenging for your family. I hope that whatever it is you all are going through gets better.

      Delete
  11. Love this list!! I need to do more peaceful things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great list. i live in WI so we have a lot of winter days lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I will host a movie night and try your hot chocolate bar idea! Love this list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like to get cozy with a blanket and books with some candles. I have actually making a lot of s’mores lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this ideas! The kids are so excited to go sledding and we're hoping to go tomorrow if the weather permits. I also love the idea of creating a cookie house. Thank you for sharing these fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such cool ideas to keep in mind during the winter! A did a couple already mentioned on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all such wonderful ideas!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    Erin
    www.crackercrumblife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these ideas! Thanks for linking up with Comfy, Cozy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm ready for a cozy movie night. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm ready for all of these ideas. And I'll add crocheting by the fireplace :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.