Skip to main content

Creating a cozy outdoor living space.




My husband and I worked on our porch a few years back, and this is where we spend a lot of our time. The space is perfect for gathering as a family and just having that time together. Our porch is screened in, and we mostly go out to relax in this space.  

Creating a cozy outdoor living space essentials

- Outdoor Lighting


-Outdoor pillows, and cushions


-DIY screened-in porch kit


-Outdoor furniture


-Outdoor rug


-Climate control


-Hammock


-Outdoor curtains



Creating your cozy space


Outdoor lighting- Whether you are going out in the evening hours, or hosting an outdoor dinner party, it is important to have the right lighting. You can add string lights, or have lanterns that light your outdoor living space. There are many different styles of outdoor lighting. We have hanging string lights, and also lanterns in our outdoor living space. You can add lights that dim, or even flicker. 


Outdoor pillows/ cushions- Adding pillows can add comfort, and make any space more relaxing. 



DIY screened-in porch kit- If you are wanting a bug-free zone, this kit comes in handy. We found a screen kit online. It helps with eliminating those pesky bugs. 


Outdoor furniture- Of course, you will want a space where you can sit, and even eat. Adding chairs, and a table will make the use of the space more functional. 



Outdoor rug- Adding an outdoor rug can add visual appeal, and create a softer surface when walking on. It also makes this space feel like an outdoor room, rather than just an outdoor space in the yard. 
It also acts as an extra barrier between the cold surface and your feet.


Climate Control- When the weather is cold having an outdoor heater is great to warm the space up, and when it is hot having ceiling fans can help circulate the air. 
(Also you can add a water mist system). 


Hammock- Who doesn't want a hammock to relax in? After a long day, there is no better way to relax. Lay back, and leave your worries behind. 


Outdoor curtains- This is a must for me! We have outdoor curtains hanging on our back porch, and I love the privacy it provides. You'll want to make sure that when you add your curtains that they are mildew, and UV resistant.  Also, it comes in handy because it shields you from harmful UV rays, and keeps the space cooler. 


Do you have an outdoor living space that you enjoy? If so leave a comment below, and let me know what you have done to make your space cozy. 

♡
Stephanie


Comments

  1. We are a big outdoor living family come spring and summer. I've built a few outdoor living spaces in my yard that we can enjoy including a tiki bar with attached seating area and a nice fire pit area. They are all lit nicely with dimmable Edison style lights and comfy couches with pillows. It's very easy to spruce up and outdoor area with no a lot of effort or a huge cost involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having a nice living space wherever I live. So this post give me insight to what is needed. A tip is always to try to buy things that are made for the outdoors. They will last longer unlike counterparts that are made for the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so very cozy! makes me want to spend some time there as well. Love candles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely ideas here! I have a small balcony only but this article still got me thinking about how to improve my little outdoor space. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An outdoor living space has a different charm provided some nice thoughts go behind keeping them lively and well maintained. Recently I was in some villas and appreciated the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to remodel my deck after reading this and really create a warmer and more welcoming atmosphere to sit and relax in. This is a project I'll be thinking about as summer approaches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outdoor lighting can really make or break an outdoor space, especially if you plan on using it in the evening/at night. We invested in some string lights to extend over our seating area as well as some rope lighting for around our outdoor bar, and the final result was almost magical the way it seemed to 'glow'. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.