Skip to main content

October things.

 


October has arrived, and with it comes a noticeable drop in temperature. My husband has just completed the construction of a firepit in our backyard, and we've had the pleasure of using it a few times already. As the nights grow colder, I've resorted to switching on the heat in the morning. It's worth noting that the leaves have transformed into wonderful shades of red, yellow, and orange, which are truly wonderful to behold. I'm always in awe of the beauty of change.




Lately, my schedule has been quite packed with my daughters' school activities and creating new crafts. My husband was fortunate enough to receive two job offers, but we ultimately decided to decline both of them due to the quick relocation they required. In the future, we plan to be more strategic with our decision-making. A few individuals have asked us why we're interested in moving, but we believe that it's simply time for a change - a new adventure.

Recently, my youngest daughter and I created a batch of pumpkin seeds, a seasonal delicacy that we both love. Do you share our fondness for this treat? If so, I'd like to share with you the recipe we used:

Begin by extracting the seeds from the pumpkin, washing them thoroughly, and allowing them to air dry. Season them with olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, and paprika. Bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Savor the wonderful taste of pumpkin goodness!

I hope that you find this recipe to be a wonderful addition to your fall festivities.



This month I received another great tea box from Atlas Tea Club. They sent me some lovely tea, and this time it was tea from Thailand. I am currently in the process of trying this amazing tea, and I will have a post on that very soon. Until then, you should really go and check out their website and see what they have to offer.  If you are curious about them, feel free and check out my previous post on them. Atlas Tea Club- My Tea Box Review 



This month, we also tried out the stencil and bleach Halloween shirts. 
It definitely worked, but as you can see, the cat did not completely show up. That was the first shirt we experimented with, and we know exactly where we went wrong. 
But other than that, we love how they turned out, and it is perfect for lounging around the house kind of days. 



My October Sipsby box was wonderful. 

My box included: 

Ginger peach green tea by The Republic Of Tea
Low caffeine
Very flavorful
Flavors included spicy ginger and peach
I loved this tea and thought it was the perfect combination of flavors!

Orange lemonade by Tealyra
Caffeine free
This tea included apple pieces, carrot flakes, blackberry, and Eucalyptus leaves. 
It mentions how it helps with respiratory discomfort, and it also has a cooling and refreshing effect with every sip. 

Tropical Mango by Sencha Tea Bar
High caffeine 
This tea is bold and has pieces of mango. 
Robust Ceylon black tea
This tea was delicious on all levels!

English Afternoon by Ahmad Tea
High caffeine 
Black tea with a touch of Bergamot
This is a great morning sip!

Visit https://www.sipsby.com/ to learn more about this tea company, and to take your very own personal tea quiz! Also, be sure to check out my other reviews under the Review tab located on my blog.

October treated us well, and I hope the same for you. I'll see you all soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.