Skip to main content

Adorable DIY Plant Markers

Hello everyone! Today, I will share a quick and easy way to create plant markers using just a few materials. This is a great way to add a fun design to your potted plants. In addition to creating these plant markers, you can personalize them with your own sayings. I will demonstrate how to create two plant markers, but you can make as many as you like. Let's start designing these fun plant markers!

Plant with plant marker

Quick Video Tutorial
Adorable DIY Plant Markers

Materials to create plant markers

Here's what I'm using:

- I found this cute chalkboard watering can design at Dollar Tree

- I'm using two medium-sized craft sticks

- Acrylic paint

- Mod Podge 

- Vinyl floral stickers

- E6000

-Flower buttons (optional)

First, you want to take your craft sticks and a paintbrush and apply acrylic paint to each one. For my sticks, I used blue and pink paint. Let the paint dry.

Craft sticks, paint, and paintbrush

painted craft sticks and paintbrush

Next, take your vinyl stickers and add them to each of the sticks. I used floral stickers, but you can choose any design you like.

Stickers and painted craft sticks

After that, take your paintbrush and apply Mod Podge over the painted craft sticks. Let the Mod Podge dry completely after use.
Painted craft sticks and Mod Podge

Put some adhesive on each flower button, then attach it to your watering can design. I placed my buttons over the holes on each one.
Take some E6000 and apply a little to the back of each watering can. Then, attach each watering can design to the craft stick.

Crafts sticks and adhesive

After that, use your paint marker to add your chosen saying to each design.

Paint marker and plant markers

Decorated plant markers in pot

Decorated plant markers

Wasn't that simple? I really enjoyed creating these cute plant markers with just some simple materials. Try it and share what your plant markers say in the comments below! Thank you for visiting and creating with me.

Pin Share Save
Pinterest pin showing plant marker in pot with plant

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Angie, I'm so happy you enjoyed my plant marker DIY craft. :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute, Stephanie! I love the sharp black and white contrasted with the colored sticks. And all the flowers on them! How darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, aw thank you! I appreciate you visiting and taking a look at my plant markers. I enjoyed this craft very much. :)

      Delete
  3. So sweet, thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, thank you so much. I appreciate your visit. ♡

      Delete
  4. These plant markers are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

Dollar Tree Peel‑and‑Stick Wallpaper Box Makeover

I transformed a simple, everyday box into a beautiful and functional storage piece for my belongings. This makeover is both easy and budget-friendly, using affordable supplies from Dollar Tree along with some creative touches to enhance the box's appearance. With a few simple steps, you can create an attractive decorative storage box that can be styled in any room of your home. Whether you're looking to organize small items on your desk or add a pop of color to your living space, this project is versatile and practical. If you have a box that you're considering throwing away, think again! This DIY project not only gives new life to unused items but also allows you to showcase your creative side. Join me as I guide you through transforming an ordinary box into a charming accent piece you'll love to display. Watch the video tutorial Materials Peel‑and‑stick wallpaper (Dollar Tree) Gold acrylic paint Decorative edge scissors Adhesive gems Paintbrush Optional: greenery or s...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.