Skip to main content

Easy Spring Decor: Wooden Bunny Hanging Plaque DIY

Hello everyone! Today, I’m excited to share a simple spring décor idea. I recently bought a wooden bunny plaque and wanted something easy yet perfect for a springtime display. So, I decided to do a quick paint-and-decorate tutorial using just a few materials I already had. This project is beginner-friendly and super easy to create, and you might already have these items at home. The bunny plaque was originally $3, but I got it for just $1—what a great deal!

Wooden bunny plaque



Quick Video tutorial

Materials for wooden bunny plaque

Materials Needed:
- One bunny plaque
- Faux flowers
- Acrylic paint
- Paintbrush or sponge brush
- Embellishments (such as gems, buttons, or stickers)
- Hot glue
- Floral cutters


**Instructions:**

Wooden bunny plaque and paint

Begin applying the acrylic paint using either a paintbrush or a sponge brush. I chose a brown color for my wooden bunny. To achieve a smoother application, I thinned the paint with a bit of water before applying it to the bunny. Allow the paint to dry completely. I used a heating tool to speed up the drying process. If you don’t have one, you can simply set it aside to dry while you prepare the flowers.

Hand with sponge brush adding paint

Wooden bunny and heating tool

Wooden bunny and pink flowers

Next, use floral cutters to trim the faux flowers before attaching them to the bunny's head. I wanted my bunny to have a flower crown look, so I carefully glued the cut flowers in place using hot glue.

Hand adding flowers to wooden bunny


Wooden bunny with flowers and gold leaf vine

Hand adding the gold embellishment


After attaching the flowers, I added a gold leaf vine embellishment around the bunny’s neck. You could also use flower buttons, gems, or any other embellishments you have on hand. I chose the gold leaf vine sticker since it matched my décor and was readily available.

Once you’ve added your embellishments, your wooden plaque décor is complete and ready to be displayed. Isn’t it adorable? I love how it turned out, and it was super easy to create!

Pin Share Save

Pinterest pin for wooden bunny plaque

Featured on:




Comments

  1. Sweet. Something fresh about Spring decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is so cute! Again, what I love about your finished creations is that they are chic as well as being doable, even by someone like myself, thank you! Visiting from #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda, thank you so much! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the craft. I appreciate your visit. 😊

      Delete
  3. Aww! This is just adorable, what a gorgeous decoration. So simple but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you. I love how simple projects can turn into something so pretty.

      Delete
  4. This is so cute. I do love a simple, easy craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thank you. Happy to hear that you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. He is so cute & looked easy to make. I can have a short attention scan at times so this is a perfect craft for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, thank you! Yes, this was a simple craft that anyone can create. I'm glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  6. Stephanie,
    What an adorable bunny. You always create such lovely decor.
    Congratulations, you are being featured on WWBH. https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2025/04/bunnies-galore-on-wwbh.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed this bunny craft project. It was fun and super simple.

      Delete
  7. This is so adorable and perfect for spring and Easter Stephanie. I am pleased to feature your darling bunny hanging at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you very much. I appreciate it so much. I'll be sure to visit the link.

      Delete
  8. I'm visiting from Will Blog For Comments linky. The bunny is adorable and you give the steps instruction which makes it so easy to try to do. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  9. How cute! Featuring you at Wednesdays in the Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so, so cute, Steph! So simple, but darling! Pinning. :) Thank you for sharing this post with all of us at the Will Blog for Comments #60 linkup! Looking forward to seeing what you'll share at #61, too--it opens next week. Hope your week is a great one. :) P.S. Love the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you! 😊 I enjoy your link party. And thank you for noticing the changes I made to the blog. I appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

Easy Floral Decoupage Idea for Faux Pumpkin Display

 Hi everyone! I'm excited to share a simple and easy floral pumpkin design you can create quickly. Today, we will make a faux floral pumpkin display using decoupage and a few additional designs. I'm reusing a foam pumpkin that I bought at Dollar Tree. If you’re ready, let’s begin creating an easy floral decoupage faux pumpkin display! Quick video tutorial **Materials needed:** - Acrylic paint - Paintbrush - Floral napkin - Faux pearls - Faux flowers - Craft knife - Scissors - Mod Podge Carefully remove the top of your pumpkin. I used my craft knife to go around the top section, creating a hole at the top. Using a paintbrush, apply acrylic paint to the pumpkin. I chose to paint mine black. Next, use scissors to cut out a few flowers from your napkin. Make sure to remove the second layer of the napkin before cutting out the designs.   Once you have your floral designs cut out, use a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge to the pumpkin. While the Mod Podge is wet, add the floral napkin c...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.