Skip to main content

Crafting Fun: Fall Sign Redo from Dollar Tree

🍂Fall is the perfect season to cozy up with a creative project, and what better way to celebrate than with a charming DIY sign makeover? I recently gave a Dollar Tree sign a festive autumn refresh, and I'm excited to share the step-by-step process so you can create your own seasonal decor on a budget!


Quick video tutorial



Materials Needed

Sanding block
Acrylic paint (your choice of fall colors)
Paintbrushes (including a thin detail brush)
Optional: Stamp designs (I used ones with little homes)
Bronze paint (for stamping)
Heating tool or time to air dry


1. Prep Your Sign and  Add Your Base Coat

I started with a sign I found at my local Dollar Tree—it originally read “Home.” To give it a fresh canvas, I used a sanding block to gently remove as much of the previous lettering as possible. This helps the new paint adhere more effectively and provides a smoother finish.

Once the surface was prepped, I applied my first coat of acrylic paint. Choose a color that fits your fall theme—warm tones like burnt orange, mustard yellow, or rustic red work beautifully. After painting, you can use a heating tool to speed up the drying process or simply let it air dry. Depending on your paint and coverage, you may need a second coat.


3. Stamp It Up (Optional)

If you’re adding stamp designs, now’s the time! I used adorable little home stamps and dipped them in bronze paint for a subtle shimmer. Press them gently onto the sign where you’d like the design to appear. This adds a cozy, personalized touch.


4. Add Your Lettering

For the word “Fall,” I chose to hand-paint the letters using cream-colored acrylic paint and a thin brush. You can stencil if you prefer a more uniform look, but I love the charm of freehand lettering.


5. Freestyle Florals

To finish off the sign, I painted some simple flowers to match the fall theme. Think sunflowers, mums, or whimsical leaves—whatever speaks to your autumn aesthetic. This final touch brings the whole piece together and adds a splash of personality.

🍁 Final Thoughts

And that’s it—your Dollar Tree sign redo is complete! This project is a great way to upcycle inexpensive decor and make it truly your own. Whether you hang it on your porch, tuck it into a fall vignette, or gift it to a friend, it’s sure to bring a smile and a little seasonal charm.

Happy crafting, and may your fall be full of creativity and warmth!


Comments

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe.

Looking for a warm and cozy breakfast to start your day during the colder months? Try this nutritious winter oatmeal recipe! It's packed with healthy ingredients and is perfect for experimenting with new toppings. Get the recipe now and enjoy a delicious and hearty breakfast. A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients: - 1 cup of almond milk (or any of your choice). You can use 1/2 cup if you prefer thicker oats. - 1/2 cup of quick oats - A small amount of vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon of wild blueberries (I used the Mariani Premium Wild Blueberries brand). - 1 tablespoon of granola (I used Clif brand granola mix with white chocolate Macadamia nut). - 1 tablespoon of dried cereal mix (I used Kashi Cinnamon Crisp). You can use any brand of your choice. Both the granola and dried cereal mix add a nice crunch to the oatmeal, while the blueberries provide a simple sweetness. Optional: - Honey - Brown sugar sprinkled - Agave syrup You can use any sw...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.