Skip to main content

Exploring: Our Milwaukee Trip + Twenty One Pilots Clancy Tour-Breach

 “You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.”― Ansel Adams

My husband planned a short trip for us to visit Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Although it was just a brief getaway, we created so many wonderful memories. I celebrated my birthday in September along with my youngest daughter, and my husband arranged for us to explore Milwaukee. We were excited to see one of our favorite bands, Twenty One Pilots. We had recently attended their performance in Colorado during the Clancy World Tour, and this time we were going to see them for the Clancy Tour-Breach.

On our first day in Milwaukee, our luggage was misplaced. We were exhausted from our journey, and not having our belongings made it even more challenging. Fortunately, it could have been worse. After contacting the luggage department, we learned they were tracking our bags and asked us to return in the morning. We took a taxi to our hotel, but, unsurprisingly, it was hard to sleep that night.

Early the next morning, my husband and I returned to the airport and were relieved to find that they had located our luggage. To our surprise, they even covered our luggage fees when we returned home, following my husband’s comment that we would not be flying with this particular airline again.

During our trip, we discovered that many businesses in Milwaukee are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, which forced us to change some of our plans.

Below, I will share some highlights from our trip.


This stunning Gateway mural by Emma Daisy Gertel is located in downtown Milwaukee. I took this picture while we enjoyed breakfast at Build-a-Burger. Their breakfast was delicious. 


We enjoyed an evening out on the hotel's patio. It was beautiful with all the lights, and city lights in the background.


A quick visit to Canary Coffee Bar
I enjoyed a warm Chai Latte, and while we were there, my husband ordered a Coffee Flight for us to try. We explored several coffees from Colombia, Ethiopia, and Mexico.
(I forgot to get pictures of it)


My oldest daughter ordered an iced matcha and rated it five stars. 
Our youngest daughter ordered an iced chai, but I forgot to take a photo. 


We did a lot of walking/exploring during our trip.





We just loved the Milwaukee Ladybug building. The ladybug sculptures were wonderful to see in person.


We visited the Milwaukee Public Market. Inside, you will find fresh food and local vendors. 

I loved the colorful umbrellas that were hanging
We rested at a cute small park. We adored the painted butterflies on the bricks.


During our trip, we visited the
(A botanical Garden located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

This beautiful display of flowers in the parking area

During our visit to the Dome, we visited the Doves that were inside one of the enclosures. 

Below are pictures from inside the gardens


This area of the enclosure was my favorite. It was beautiful.

I purchased a tote, a cute wool ladybug, and a sticker for us to take home.

The day of the concert

The girls each had outfits they put together for the concert. And my oldest daughter made us bracelets. It's a tradition that we wear bracelets for each concert we attend. (We have one later this month we're attending, and she has already made bracelets for it) We take a picture right before we head out.



We enjoyed dinner at the 3rd Market St. Hall before the concert.

The concert took place on a Tuesday night. The concert was at The American Family Amphitheater. The merch lines were crazy, but we were able to purchase a few shirts and a Breach sweater for my husband. 
Our seats were bleacher seats in the 300 section.


 The opening act was Day Glow and his band, who put on an amazing performance. We had only listened to a few of his songs before the concert, but we were really impressed. One of his songs, "Change Song," is featured on the Minecraft movie soundtrack. Overall, we were very pleased with his performance. He had great energy.

And then there was Twenty One Pilots. They never disappoint and always put on an incredible show. (Spoiler alert!) They performed several songs from their latest album, *Breach*, including "RawFear," "City Walls," "Garbage," "Drum Show," and "The Contract." They also played a few tracks from *Clancy* and surprised us by including songs from their older albums that they had not performed during the *Clancy* tour!

Tyler and Josh did an amazing job! While we were sitting in the crowd, Josh had drums set up nearby and came over to play close to us.

After the concert, we took a taxi back to our room and packed our bags for the next morning. Then, we cleaned up and went to bed.

The next morning, I took one last photo from the hotel window before we took a taxi to the airport and said goodbye to Milwaukee. We had a wonderful time together, and who knows, we may visit again!


Featured on


Comments

  1. We just saw 21 Pilots Clancy Breach Tuesday night in Hartford. It was a great show! It sounds like you had such a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, yes, we had a wonderful time. Tyler and Josh always put on a great show. We enjoyed our trip and their performance so much.

      Delete
  2. Wow - I didn't know much about Milwaukee but it looks like a fun place to visit! Glad you got your lugged back the next day though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, it was a nice visit. I wish we could have explored a bit more. Just note that Mondays and Tuesdays are not good days to visit, lol. Most places were closed, so we did some research and found that it was definitely a thing they do over there.

      Delete
  3. I grew up in Milwaukee but haven't really been back in so many years I barely recognize any of the photos except the Domes. Did you know they were going to tear down the Domes and Milwaukee residents revolted so they changed their minds? Thank goodness. I'm surprised the airport didn't deliver your luggage to your hotel, that's what they are supposed to do if they lose your luggage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I did read about them wanting to tear down the domes. I am glad they did not; it was beautiful to visit, and so many beautiful plants were displayed. Amy, yes, the lady asked us if we wanted that; she said it would be between 4-6 hours. So we declined the delivery. We needed it way sooner than that. Thank you, though, for sharing that information. I appreciate you visiting as well. 🙂

      Delete
  4. This looks so fun! What a great trip, minus the luggage issues. I'm glad they refunded your fees. That's the right thing to do! Happy birthdays. :) Visiting from the Crazy Little Lovebirds linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you! I'm also glad they refunded us. Other that that, the trip was beautiful. Thank you for the birthday wishes as well. I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  5. What great photos you took and what a great getaway! I especially loved the garden photos, the Lady Bug building and the mural. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We enjoyed it very much. Thank you for visiting. :)

      Delete
  6. So much color!! Loved the mural, the lady bug building and butterfly painted path. Happy Birthdays and that was a great way to celebrate.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soma, thank you so much. We really enjoyed our time in Milwaukee, and thank you so much for the Birthday wishes. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  7. Your trip to Milwaukee looks amazing, Stephanie! You packed in so much! Our daughter lives about an hour away from Milwaukee and our niece went to college there. I'm going to keep your post so I remember to visit some of the places you shared! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thank you. How nice that your daughter lives an hour away from Milwaukee. If we had more time, we would have explored even more. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. It is appreciated. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  8. Looks like such a fun trip. Now I have Milwaukee on my very long bucket list! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We had a nice time. Yes, definitely add it to your list.

      Delete
  9. I grew up in Milwaukee and strangely I don't even recognize the places in most of your photos, but I have heard they have done a lot of development. I do recognize the bridges and the domes of course. I would love to visit there again, but all I keep hearing about is the crime. Did you find it safe while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, we stayed in the downtown area of Milwaukee. It was more of a college scene where we stayed. For the most part, it was safe. We made sure to stay in that area after researching the crime in Milwaukee. You might enjoy the downtown area as well. It had a lot to explore.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe.

Looking for a warm and cozy breakfast to start your day during the colder months? Try this nutritious winter oatmeal recipe! It's packed with healthy ingredients and is perfect for experimenting with new toppings. Get the recipe now and enjoy a delicious and hearty breakfast. A Simple Winter Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients: - 1 cup of almond milk (or any of your choice). You can use 1/2 cup if you prefer thicker oats. - 1/2 cup of quick oats - A small amount of vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon of wild blueberries (I used the Mariani Premium Wild Blueberries brand). - 1 tablespoon of granola (I used Clif brand granola mix with white chocolate Macadamia nut). - 1 tablespoon of dried cereal mix (I used Kashi Cinnamon Crisp). You can use any brand of your choice. Both the granola and dried cereal mix add a nice crunch to the oatmeal, while the blueberries provide a simple sweetness. Optional: - Honey - Brown sugar sprinkled - Agave syrup You can use any sw...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.