Skip to main content

Weekend love.- Our days.

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience















Lately,
I've enjoyed simple things. I'm happy I've started running again. I had taken a break, and in all honesty, I missed it.  During the week we took out our music bin; filled with a few musical instruments. We were shaking maracas, singing, and dancing. -We had a lovely time.

Our days seem to be slowing down. A few days after Christmas, and our schedules are somewhat back to normal. We're actually going to bed on time. -By the time it is bedtime I'm drained! :)
This weekend; the sky was clear, and the sun was out. It was pretty out but still a little chilly. We managed to enjoy some time out at the park.

While at home...
We enjoyed some simple baking and discovered some new recipes. Our daughter enjoyed some time pretend baking in the kitchen.  She made us a batch of her play dough cookies. I stood beside her and whipped up some quick cupcakes. She set out her play cookies and made sure her daddy and I didn't eat too much. I've really enjoyed these past few days. -“Do anything, but let it produce joy.” ― Walt WhitmanLeaves of Grass

We've enjoyed art time, dance parties, and music performances by our sweet little one.
Also during the weekend, we cleared out our pantry. Reorganizing, and relabeling a few containers. It was a long process. It's finished, and I feel great! I also took time scrubbing and clearing countertops. It was needed, and in the end, I eliminated unnecessary clutter. -Thank goodness!  

And of course...
My husband had the pleasure of crawling around the house saying- "neigh"; our daughter was on his back yelling, "giddy up daddy, giddy up". If you guessed it, yes he's been playing a horse. –haha. I laughed quite a bit.  With everything slowing down, we're able to really enjoy our time together. I enjoy these simple, peaceful, and fun moments spent with my family. -“Live today facing forward—with your back on yesterday, your eyes on tomorrow, and your head and heart in the moment.” ― Richelle E. GoodrichSmile Anyway

**I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. Thank you for being a part of my journey. I appreciate YOU! May you have an abundance of joy, love, and happiness this upcoming year. **

Currently listening to:




Comments

  1. So relaxing, love it. I love how your daughter baked with her play dough while you baked some cupcakes! :)
    I'm going to try to let that entertain my children next time I want to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're having a very nice time. Good for you on the running, I need to get back to regular exercise too. I let it slip during the busy season but I miss being active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! It feels great being more active.-I could use more energy! Have a wonderful day, and Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  4. It is always so apparent how much joy you find in the simple things and that s what I love about reading about your journey. I wish you and yours a Happy New Year! Thanks for visiting Time with A & N in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, aw thank you so much. I wish you and yours a Happy New Year as well. Thank you for coming along on my blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard to believe that another year is quickly coming to an end. I've enjoyed reading your blog and sharing in your happiness and joy. I look forward to another year with you. Thank you so much for being my blog friend :) Hugs and sweet blessings to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne, I am so happy that we have had the opportunity to meet through this blogging community. It has been absolutely wonderful having you come along on my blogging journey. I really appreciate you! Thank you so much for always leaving such kind, uplifting comments. Sending a hug your way! Have a Happy, and beautiful New Year Jayne.

      Delete
  7. those cupcakes look amazing Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Please know that it is appreciated. I try my best to respond to every comment. If you have a question feel free and ask.

Popular posts from this blog

Eco-Friendly Craft: Create a beautiful Winter Tree Scenery using Cardboard

  Learn how to create a stunning winter tree scenery using eco-friendly materials like cardboard in this DIY craft tutorial. Embrace your creativity and make a beautiful and sustainable decoration for the winter season. I am excited to be participating in the Sustainable Challenge along with a group of fellow bloggers. We will be sharing eco-friendly and sustainable craft ideas. I cannot wait to share my upcycled craft with you all. The theme for this month is Christmas.  For my project, I chose to repurpose some old cardboard. I believe that using household items in crafting is a great choice. Today, I am excited to share with you a beautiful Winter Tree scenery that I created using cardboard and a few other materials. If you're ready, I would love for you to join me and recreate it. Video tutorial Materials needed for your cardboard craft project: Cardboard Acrylic paint Tissue paper Holiday stencils Paintbrush Scissors Mod Podge Faux snow Paper tree template  Any decorations suc

10 Favorite Summer Quotes

As we approach summer, let us cherish these beautiful moments and be thankful. Let's make the most out of each day by living in the moment, embracing our loved ones, spreading kindness, greeting strangers, dancing to our favorite songs, playing with our children, cooking our favorite meals, creating something new, and simply being present. 10 favorite summer quotes to enjoy Do you have a favorite summer quote?  If so, I'd love to know what it is.  Leave a comment below!  May your days be filled with happiness. Pin it for later

Spring Refresh: Mini Clip Photo Frame Hack for Seasonal Decor

  Are you ready to spruce up your living space this spring? If yes, I have an easy and inexpensive DIY project for you. We will use one of Dollar Tree's mini clip photo frames to create a mini spring display that will complement your existing spring decor. This fun craft project can also be added to a tiered tray.  I'll provide you with a full list of materials below. Materials needed Mini clip photo frame Acrylic paint Decorative floral napkin  Mod Podge  Paintbrush Optional paper flower embellishment/magnet for hanging on the refrigerator Letter stamps and stamp ink pad Scissors Step One: Applying Paint to the Photo Frame Start by taking a paintbrush and applying paint to the frame. I chose to paint my frame white. It took me about two coats of paint to give it complete coverage. Set your frame aside and let it dry. Step Two: Cutting the Napkin Use scissors to cut out any floral designs from your napkin that you want to use in your design. I cut a few leaves and mini flowers

Archive

Show more

Labels

Show more

All content copyright 2010-2024

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.