Skip to main content

DIY Easy Holiday Bookmarks for Book Lovers

Create charming DIY holiday bookmarks that any book lover will appreciate. These simple and fun bookmark ideas are perfect for gifting or keeping your place in your favorite novels during the festive season. Use supplies like cardstock, ribbons, and shape punchers to craft personalized bookmarks that reflect your unique style. Suitable for kids and adults, these easy-to-make bookmarks are a delightful way to celebrate the joy of reading this holiday season!

Decorated Christmas Bookmarks

Quick Video Tutorial


Green cardstock in paper cutter

Materials Needed:

 

- Cardstock and holiday-themed craft paper

- Paper trimmer or scissors

- Glue

- Shape puncher

- Ribbon

- Paint marker

- Optional: Craft gems, letters, or other decorative accessories

 

Decorated Christmas paper in paper cutter

Cutting the Cardstock and Paper

 

Start by cutting your cardstock and decorative paper using a paper trimmer or scissors. For the bookmarks I created, the dimensions were 2 inches by 6 inches.


Adding Glue and Decorative Paper

 

Once the bookmarks are cut to your desired size, apply glue to attach the decorative paper to the bottom portion of each bookmark.


Decorated Christmas bookmarks and ribbon

Embellishing with Ribbon

 

I chose to embellish each bookmark with sections of ribbon. Cut a small piece of ribbon and attach it to each bookmark, placing it just above the decorative paper.


Bookmarks and shape paper puncher

 

Using the Shape Puncher

 

Using a shape puncher, punch out a few fun shapes on each bookmark. If you don't have a shape puncher, you can also use other craft accessories to decorate your bookmarks.

 


Bookmarks and paint marker

Using the Paint Marker

 

Finally, use a paint marker to add a few dots to each bookmark, mimicking the appearance of snow.

 

paper and scissors

Finishing Touches

 

As an optional finishing touch, if you have extra cardstock or craft paper, you can create cute sleeves to hold your bookmarks. I made two sleeves and tied twine around each for an extra decorative touch.

 

This is a great way to gift your bookmarks and a fun way to reuse items you may have at home.

 

Thank you for joining me in creating these easy and festive holiday bookmarks!


bookmarks in packaging


Pin Share Save








Comments

  1. These are so pretty Stephanie! And I love the little gift bag you've made for them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun idea and will help me to use up leftover bits of patterned paper too. I found you at a link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, thank you! I hope that you create some bookmarks soon. Take care. 😊

      Delete
  3. We've chosen to feature this craft in next Wednesday's Homestead blog hop! Thank you for sharing with us! We love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thank you! I'm glad to hear that my bookmarks were enjoyed. That puts a smile on my face. 😊

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us, I'm featuring you next week when the next To Grandma's House we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarahlynn, thank you! I'm happy to be featured at the next party. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for linking to SSPS 389. See you again on Monday
    They are super cute. I am looking for a design to make Christmas Envelopes, do you perhaps have any I can take a look at please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esme, thank you! I currently do not have designs for envelopes, but that is such a wonderful idea and I may need to look into doing that. :)

      Delete
  6. These bookmarks are super cute. I would love it if you could share it on my new Serenity Saturday link party at www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration

 Easy Succulent Centerpiece Table Decoration Create a beautiful and low-maintenance centerpiece for your table with this easy DIY faux succulent decoration. Perfect for adding a touch of greenery to any space without the need for watering or maintenance. Hello! I'm so happy that you decided to check out this easy succulent decoration project.   I was inspired to create this centerpiece after my sister mentioned she was looking at purchasing a succulent wax burner.  So my design does not include a wax burner, but if you stick around I'll tell you how you can create your very own succulent centerpiece table decoration.  Materials Needed ❤ Artificial Succulents and a flower  For my design, I used 4 succulent plants I purchased my  artificial succulents from my local Walmart (Make sure to check your local dollar store as well) ❤ A wooden bowl I purchased my wooden bowl at Walmart.  You can actually find any container of your choice at your local craft...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.