Skip to main content

The feeling of Autumn.

 
Beautiful evening sky
 
 
Lemon bread
 
Sugar/olive oil scrub
 
The nights are cooler, and we seem to enjoy more time out on the porch. Evenings are spent in the kitchen with our back sliding door open so the gentle breeze can make its way in while we prepare dinner. Over the weekend, we enjoyed a nice bike ride. It's been something our daughter has wanted to do since we had taken her on her first one a week or so ago. I really enjoyed the view of the mountains, and just being out enjoying the fresh air. The evenings here in Colorado are really starting to feel like Autumn. 

Over the weekend my husband made his delicious chocolate coffee truffles. (I've made sure to do portion control, it's just so good! I also baked some lemon bread. (The kind you find at Starbucks.) I set out on a mission to find a recipe that was similar and finally came across one. I was thrilled, and had to bake some. :)

This weekend I've been enjoying the nice scent of cinnamon apples. Since it was starting to feel like Autumn in the evening I started burning my candles. I also enjoy using our tiny crock pot and placing cinnamon sticks, orange peels, etc. Just plug it in, and your home will smell absolutely wonderful.

I've been going through a few of my bins to gather a  few of my Fall decorations, can you tell I'm excited? I'm pretty sure you are too. :) I'm also patiently awaiting the arrival of the pumpkin spice latte to make its way back to Starbucks. (I'll probably try finding a nice recipe for pumpkin spice creamer). Oh, the joys of Autumn!

This weekend, I also put together a sugar/olive oil scrub and soaked my feet for a few. My husband is always telling me to take some time and do something I enjoy. So I soaked my feet and checked up on the latest news. It was very relaxing. My feet were in desperate need of this, since the day before I participated in some step aerobics. (It's Monday and my legs are still sore from the Step and the bike ride.)

So how did you spend your weekend? Is it starting to feel like falling over where you live? I'd like to say hello to my newest readers, and Google + followers. I'm thrilled to have you on this journey with me. Enjoy~

Comments

  1. that lemon bread looks delicious! Our weather here in central florida is like we are still in summer. Hoping it would cool down soon but that won't happen until late oct/nov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for fall. The summer is so long around here. I've decorated (I don't have much just a few things I like to put out) and I'm definitely feeling the fall spirit now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maritza, thank you! It turned out so good this time around. I found a completely new recipe for it on pinterest. :) Oh I bet you can't wait for the weather to cool down.

    Jennifer, same here I don't have a whole lot that I put out for fall. Just a few things. I'm in the fall spirit as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pictures. I am a four season girl. I love all the seasons for different reasons, but I'm always ready for whichever one is next. Even winter!
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, thank you! That's wonderful, you know I moved here to Co, from Arizona, and so I think I am better off with the cooler weather. (But not the snow) lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

Decoupage Bookmarks using Metal Tags

Create beautiful decoupage bookmarks using metal tags from Dollar Tree. This easy DIY project is perfect for all skill levels and adds a personal touch to your reading materials. Hello everyone! Today, I have an easy and quick craft idea to share with you that book lovers will surely appreciate. My daughters love reading books on their Kindles, but we still take regular trips to the library to check out physical copies of books they are interested in.  However, I wanted to try something new this time, so I went to the Dollar Tree store and found a pack of metal tags. Yes, you read that right - these bookmarks are made of metal, but don't worry, we can add some decorative details to make them more attractive.  Materials Metal tags (I purchased them at Dollar Tree) Acrylic paint Mod Podge Decorative napkins Paintbrush Twine Beads Inspirational stickers Scissors Applying paint to metal tags Begin by applying two coats of acrylic paint to both sides of each metal tag. Use a heatin...

Pictures from my garden and a few of my favorite gardening quotes.

Here are a few pictures from my garden, and a few of my favorite gardening quotes. Enjoy! "When you grow your garden, it grows you." -  T.F. Hodge Source Gardening is learning, learning, learning. That's the fun of them. You're always learning. -Helen Mirren Source Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. - Luther Burbank Source "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." - Liberty Hyde Bailey Source "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." - Elizabeth Murray Source "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin Source “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 110

Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #110! This party offers a platform for sharing inspiring content, including recipes, family-friendly blog posts, crafts, home décor, and other uplifting ideas. Hello everyone! How was your week? Is the weather cooling off where you live? I hope you are all doing well. Thank you to those who took the time to check out our Milwaukee trip post; your kindness and thoughtfulness mean a lot to me.  Last weekend, the girls and I harvested peppers from the garden. Before we left for our trip to Milwaukee, we checked the garden and saw a few peppers; however, after our return, there were even more. This weekend, we'll be doing some organizing and making repairs on a cracked section of our front porch.   As always, I appreciate each of you and thank you for joining us here every week. I enjoy reading all of your posts and am grateful to have you as part of this community! The peppers we harvested from the garden Congratulations to our fe...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.