Skip to main content

Easy Fall Framed Chalkboard Decoration

Today, I'd love to share with you a simple and quick way to decorate a wooden chalkboard. It's a cute and useful accessory for jotting down to-do lists, reminders, or just doodling. It's a great DIY project that can add a touch of warmth and coziness to your home decor.

Easy Fall Framed Chalkboard Decoration

Painted framed chalkboard displayed near candle in glass jar


Materials such as faux fall leaves, floral, framed chalkboard, and floral cutters

Materials
  • Faux Fall floral
  • Floral cutters
  • One framed chalkboard-I purchased mine at Dollar Tree
  • Acrylic paint
  • Scissors
  • Paintbrush
  • Twine

Applying paint to a framed chalkboard

Chalkboard and acrylic paint on table

Pick your acrylic paint and apply it to the frame of your chalkboard using a paintbrush. I went with a color called "pumpkin" because I'm a bit obsessed with it.

Cutting faux floral and adding it to framed chalkboard

faux floral, floral cutter, and scissors on a table

Next, use your floral cutters to remove the stems from your faux flowers. This makes it easier to attach them to the chalkboard frame. Once the stems are removed, attach the flowers to the wooden frame by applying some hot glue to the back of each flower. I added some faux fall leaves and greenery to give it a more autumnal vibe.

Painted framed chalkboard with faux floral, and twine


If you want to add a little extra touch, you can also include a twine bow to your display. I had some extra twine lying around, and I thought it would be a nice addition to my chalkboard display.


Completed craft, framed chalkboard with faux floral and leaves displayed near squirrel figurine and mini pumpkin

That's it! Your fall wooden chalkboard display is now complete. Wasn't that easy? I got my framed chalkboard from Dollar Tree, but you can also create your own design by using a mini chalkboard without the frame. You can also add your own frame by using smaller wood sections or craft sticks for a customized look.

Lastly, take some chalk and add a cute message to your board. Thank you so much for stopping by. See you soon!

Pin Share Save


Comments

  1. Chalkboards are always such fun, yours is cute. Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 128. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I agree. I just love mini chalkboards. Thanks so much for visiting.

      Delete
  2. The chalkboard is so cute Stephanie, I always envisioned having a large one in our dining room or kitchen, but it hasn't happened yet. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cara! I have seen some people paint a wall in their house using chalkboard paint and put a pretty border around it. It looks very pretty. I love the idea of having a large chalkboard in the kitchen. It would be perfect for writing down recipes and other things. I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Love this Steph! This is such a fun fall decor.
    Visiting today from Unlimited Linky 128 #9&10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula. Thank you. Happy to hear you enjoyed this craft.

      Delete
  4. I love how your zhooshed up this very ordinary chalk board and made it look like something special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome! I love hearing your thoughts and seeing what you’ve been up to. Please leave a comment or ask a question below—I do my best to respond to everyone! To keep the blog comments safe and inspiring, spam will be removed. Thank you for being a part of this blogging space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 158

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #158! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mod Crochet Loopy Hair Ties Pattern — Val & Holland Val & Holland made the cutest loopy hair ties, and they’re just such a fun, quick little crochet project.  An Unexpected Adventure — Jennifer Jennifer shared how a long‑dreamed‑of getaway with her husband turned into a true adventure — steep trails, gorgeous waterfalls, a few shaky moments, and plenty of faith guiding her through. Creamy Paprika Salad Dressing — Scratch-Made Food Melynda has a creamy paprika dressing that’s simple, flavorful, and perfect for everyday meals. One of those easy homemade staples you’ll want to keep around. Jahresprojekt 2026 – August — Mami Made It Mami Made It shared he...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 159

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #159! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Happy Friday, everyone! How's the weather where you live? We're enjoying some cooler temperatures, and the foliage on my trees is starting to change colors. I can't believe we're almost in October! We have an exciting trip planned for next month. I'll be working around the dates of our trip and the link party. As always, thank you all for joining the party; I truly appreciate each of you! Lisa Notes – What I Left Beneath Two Trees Lisa shared a reflective moment about planting two trees and letting go of what weighs us down. If you love quiet reminders to breathe and reset, you’ll enjoy this. Esme Salon – Sizzling Seafood Rice Feast Looking for a new recipe? This seafood rice dish ...

DIY Floral Wooden Jack‑O’‑Lanterns (Easy Fall Decor)

I’ve been having so much fun creating fall projects this year. These floral wooden jack‑o’‑lanterns  started as simple wooden pumpkins, but with a few pretty transfers and some soft paint colors, they turned into the sweetest little fall accents. I love how the florals give them a cozy, cottage‑style feel while still keeping that classic jack‑o’‑lantern charm. They’re quick to make, easy to customize, and such a cute way to add a warm autumn touch to your home. Watch the video tutorial Materials Wooden pumpkin cutouts Floral transfers Acrylic paint (your chosen colors) Gold acrylic paint Green acrylic paint Mini dowels Hot glue gun + glue sticks Small wooden stands Brown acrylic paint Paintbrushes   Add the floral transfers I started by placing my floral transfers onto each wooden pumpkin, just arranging them until they felt right. Once they were where I wanted them, I used a little rubbing tool to press them down and transfer the design onto the wood. Take your time with this...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 160

    Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #160! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hi everyone. Happy Friday! This week we got a lot of rain, and I am so thankful for it. How was your week? This party will run as usual, October 2-6. At the next party, I will have details about the dates of our upcoming travel and the upcoming parties.   I'm excited to share the amazing featured posts with you all. To explore each blog, simply click the image below each description. Congratulations to our featured bloggers Apples! Apples! Apples! – Simply Grand Recipes I'm so excited for fall. This post is a fun little roundup of easy apple treats: cozy dips, sweet bakes, and a fizzy apple drink that feels like fall in a cup. Be sure to visit Our Grand Lives and check out these fun reci...

The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party 157

  Welcome to The Crazy Little Love Birds Link Party #157! I'm so happy you're here! This gathering is all about sharing what brings us joy.  Bring your delicious recipes, fun family moments, cozy crafts, and home projects—basically, everything wonderful you've been working on. Hello everyone! If you're new here, welcome! We’re thrilled that you decided to join us at the party. Last week, Blogger had some issues with the comment section. I experienced this on my own blog and on others while trying to leave comments. Thankfully, it seems everything is fixed now. How was your week? I hope you all had a wonderful time. I can’t wait to share the featured posts with you! Congratulations to our featured bloggers Mille Fiori Favoriti – A Bear‑Filled Summer:  Pat had the cutest (and wildest!) visitors this summer. Her bear stories and photos are such a treat, and I love getting a little glimpse into her beautiful mountain life. InkTorrents – Ruins, Tales, and Quiet Moments:  ...

All content copyright 2010-2026

I kindly request that my photos and words not be taken or used without my permission. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Additionally, for more information regarding this blog, please refer to the disclosure policy tab located above. Thank you.